Fun-Filled, Simple At-Home Date Ideas for This Valentines with Your Man
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays! I have some of the best memories of Valentines growing up. My brother and I would always wake up to chocolates, maybe a stuffed animal or two, and my dad always gave me a bouquet of red roses. That ALWAYS made it special. Once I started dating Devin, we developed our own traditions, and I look forward to it every year! One of our favorite Valentine’s date traditions is going to our local 5-star restaurant in our town called Jory. It always makes for a romantic getaway with wine and fine dining.😋 Unfortunately, this year with our busy schedules and not going out as much, we have decided to do our Valentines at home. For the last few weeks, I’ve been researching some fun at-home date ideas for us to do this year so I thought I would share some of my favorites with you! The fun part is that many of these ideas you can combine for an even more fun date night! I’ll have to let you know later which one(s) we decided to do. 🤪 For those of you spending this year at home, here are 10 at-home date ideas for your Valentine’s Day.
- Ice Cream Bar. With this at-home date night idea, you get to open your own Coldstone Creamery in your own kitchen.! Super simple and yummy! Get some of your favorite ice cream flavors and add some toppings, and you are all set to go. You can make it fancy or keep it low-key too. The sky’s the limit! In case you need some inspiration, here is one of my favorite ice cream sundae ideas.
- Build A Fort. When I was a kid, we built forts, ALL the time. I miss it! This Valentine’s, you can set up shop in your living room or even your bedroom. All it takes is some sheets, blankets, pillows, and some imagination. You can even get fancy and add some lights leftover from your Christmas decor to make it a twinkling experience. 😉 For those of you who are visual and need some design help, these tips on how to build a blanket fort are ones you should read.
- Make a New Recipe. For my adventurous foodie friends, this one is for you! 😉 Find a recipe that you would both enjoy and try it! Pinterest always has amazing recipes for all kinds of cuisine so that’s a great place to start. I know I am always up to try a new Italian pasta recipe.
- Would You Rather Questions Game. Even if you have been married or dating your significant other for a long period of time, there is always more to learn about them! I found these awesome “Would You Rather” questions to get you both laughing and also make you learn something new about each other.
- Try Practicing a New Language. Now this one can be funny! I know this year Devin recently purchased a subscription to Rosetta Stone so he can learn Italian this year, and we have laughed SO hard over the last few weeks. One phrase I have down for sure now is “Orso Puzzolente” which means “Stinky Bear” and is our code for Teddy. I know, I know… we are weird. 😆 You can find free videos on Youtube or sign up for a free trial of a program like Rosetta Stone.
- Create Some Mad Libs. In grade school, I did mad libs all the time, especially on long road trips. By creating your own mad libs, you are bound to get the both of you laughing the whole night. Here are some mad libs I found on Pinterest you can use. Have one person read off what is needed to fill the blank spaces and one person choose the adjective, noun, etc. that is needed for that blank space. Then read the mad lib final outcomes together!
- Create a Bucket List. A great way to connect with your significant other is to dream together! It’s so important to acknowledge and share your dreams with one another, and what better way than on the day of love this year! All you need is a piece of paper or a journal and a pen. List out 50 things that you would like to do in your life. These don’t have to be crazy things like bungee jumping or sky diving. They can be as simple as visiting a new place you haven’t been before or honing an important habit. Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing.
- Breakfast in Bed for Dinner. I am a HUGE breakfast fan, so this one really piqued my interest when I found it! I can see myself sitting in my PJs drinking a pomegranate mimosa eating my classic favorite breakfast of eggs benedict. This date idea changes it up and bit and adds for a change of pace with a different than usual dinner menu. Just pop in some cartoons, and I am flashing back to my childhood… minus the mimosas. 🤪 In case you need some breakfast inspiration, here are some easy ideas to get you started.
- Wine Tasting Sampler. I am no wine expert, but living in Wine Country has given me the curious taste buds to try the various vineyards that surround us. Instead of spending a fortune on buying multiple bottles to try, you can purchase a sampler kit. There are many types of kits out there so feel free to explore, but here is one in case you need a starting point. What a fun way to have a relaxing evening and bring the wine tasting experience to your home.
- Go Through Old Photos Together and Create an Album. Lastly, and not gonna lie probably one of my favorite date night ideas for Valentine’s day is this date idea. I love going through Devin’s and my photos from when we first started dating. It brings back all the memories and happy feels. So precious! It also definitely gets us laughing and reminiscing upon our story together from what we first thought of each other, to our first time hanging out. We also love going through our wedding pictures and reliving those special moments. Since you are reminiscing about these memories, why not put some of those favorite memories in a photo book? You can use websites like Chatbooks or Shutterfly. You can even name the book “Valentines 2021” or caption some of the pictures with your first memories or things you learned about that first date this Valentine’s Day. ☺️ Aren’t memories some of the greatest gifts after all? 💓
I hope some of these 10 at-home date night ideas for Valentine’s Day inspired your date night at home this year. I am excited to spend quality time with Devin and try some of these new at-home date ideas. Who knows, maybe one or two of them may become a new Valentine’s Day Tradition. 😉
Sending Love to You All!
Have You Heard My Story?
Read more here about my CHD (congenital heart defect) and how you can be a part of spreading awareness and supporting the individuals and families affected by these heart conditions. Let’s have a heart that beats for others, TOGETHER!
Check Out My Latest Blog Posts
- How to Make CHD Awareness Week Every Week by Supporting CHD Organizations
- Affordable Athleisure Looks for an Activewear Refresh
- How to Have Difficult Conversations with Your Significant Other
- Valentine’s Outfit Inspiration
- Valentine’s Day Gifts Guide